Saturday, January 22, 2011

Still Stinks

I hate this about myself that I feel so crappy going home from church by myself every week.

It just hurts a little every time, like a little disappointment each time.

Then I pound myself. You don't do enough. You don't invite. You don't practice hospitality. You are too afraid of being rejected.

You are too self centered. God should be enough for you. You should look outward.

You are socially stupid. You can't read signs. You are too sensitive.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

I STILL HATE IT MOST OF THE TIME.

I'd like to develop a system, not among strangers, but among a group of friends. One person or couple in a group of friends stops their self centered "Population: 1" lifestyle for one Sunday every month or couple weeks or however many brave people would sign up for such a thing. That designated person either opens up their home, or provided the focal point for a restaurant trip after service. No one has to come, but the door is always open. Now the person should not feel like they have to do something special at home unless they want to. In other words, they can put the word out, "Come fellowship with us, but bring your own grub." No hospitality pressure that everything has to be perfect. Planned spontaneousness is the idea.

It just annoys me that a group of people who come together to worship the living God can't make time for each other after the service, that there are people who go home lonely each and every Sunday. There has to be something that can be done about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment